- Connect AP6521 using serial console port using 19200 baud rate.
- Login using username “reset” and password with “FactoryDefault” without quotes. AP will warn you that setting will be reset to factory default
- AP 6521 will restart, wait until it asking for username and password.
- Fill username with “admin” and fill password with “motorola” on legacy firmware or “admin123” for Extreme firmware.
- It will ask you to change the password. Immediately change the default password with your password.
This is an important step, you will not able to browse AP6521 GUI from internet explorer without changing the default password.
- Translate last two portions of AP MAC address into last 2 octets of IP address. eg. MAC address 00:C0:23:00:F0:0A
Zero-config IP address 169.254.241.42 (169.254. already fixed, you only need to translate F1 and 2A using a calculator, on HEX mode enter F1 then press DEC mode, you will found 169.
Repeat with 2A you will found 42. So your zero-config AP is 169.254.241.42 for MAC address 00:C0:23:00:F1:2A
- Connect UTP straight cable from AP6521 to power injector. Connect UTP cross cable from wireless AP6521 to your computer.
Dec 08 2017